Southwest Ice Cream is excited to announce an opening supporting our McKinney location as a Sanitation Supervisor. This role directly reports into the Production Manager and offers great growth potential. Seeking a highly moticated Sanitation professional that has been successful in meeting metrics. Dean Foods offers competitve salary and comrehensive benefits.
The Plant Sanitarian/Sanitation Supervisor directly supervises assigned employees engaged in activities to ensure that plant operations meet mandatory sanitation requirements for machinery, equipment and facilities. This includes planning, assigning and directing work, coordinating weekly CI Meetings, addressing product and employee complaints, and resolving problems. This person carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies, OSHA regulations and applicable laws while following all CI Processes and the Management Operating Structure (MOS).
* Implements and maintains plant sanitation programs and ensures compliance with company standards as stated in the QA Manual and company directives.
* Periodically audits sanitation and CIP processes to ensure compliance with SSOP’s.
* Implements and oversees plant Master Sanitation programs.
* Works with Production and other management to plan and schedule work of supervised staff to meet sanitation schedules while maximizing productivity.
* Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
* Collaborates with QA staff to troubleshoot and analyze sanitation-related issues.
* Recommends measures to continuously improve sanitation methods, equipment performance, and quality of products produced and distributed by the plant.
* Validates SSOP’s annually or when systems are modified.
* Manages relationships with outside vendors such as the plant chemical supplier.
* Collaborates with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments including production so as to identify, solve and prevent problems affecting sanitation.
* Provides for the supervision of assigned employees in scheduling and daily activities, ensuring effective selection, retention, feedback, disciplinary action and performance management. If a collective bargaining agreement exists, may participate grievances or other contract related activities and discussions.
* Trains and instructs employees in regard to sanitation standards, GMPs, SSOPs and objectives. Oversees instruction, implementation and enforcement of policies as they relate to employees.
* Leads by example with the Dean Foods Code of Ethics. This includes following company policies, standards and specifications.
* Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and delegating.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree in a science-based area of study preferred.
* Internal Candidates: A minimum of 2 years of dairy or food plant experience, including sanitation duties.
* Possess a working knowledge of sanitation operations; maintains knowledge of current and developing sanitation techniques.
* Working knowledge of HACCP.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
* Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Skill in organization, prioritization, and attention to detail.
* Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
* Ability to select, coach, develop, engage, and retain a team of employees.
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).