The Transport Supervisor is responsible for the management of branch relay and contract hauling coordination within division operations. He/she will work closely with plant operations to determine route coverage and timely delivery of relay product requirements to branch locations. The Transport Supervisor is also responsible for the development of delivery drivers including training, objective setting and Continuous Improvement (CI) in delivery route performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with division management to develop and execute overall logistics strategy ensuring alignment with competitive business strategy.
- Directs the transport/re-supply driver teams within the assigned division(s), ensuring proper coaching, training, and performance management.
- Ensures all direct reports understand, cascade and achieve distribution goals and key metrics.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of all KPIs, forecasts and other reporting requirements.
- Approaches work with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset and engages in Divisional Management Operating Structure (DMOS).
- Executes division Annual Operating Plan (AOP), capital plan and productivity initiatives.
- Understands and drives productivity initiatives as well as overall cost conscious culture.
- Ensures optimization and care for all distribution and fleet assets ensuring proper maintenance within assigned divisions.
- Optimize intra-division logistical activities, including lowest landed cost solutions for transport lane activity, including effective management of all 3rd party relationships in contract hauling.
- Owns Safety Culture, ensuring safety strategies and tactics are employed as required.
- Ensures the integration of Dean Foods standard operating processes into the field organization.
- Ensures proper employee relations culture and programs are in place.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory (OSHA, DOT, EPA) requirements.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years distribution experience in a direct store delivery (DSD) system.
- Supervisory experience a plus.
- DOT qualified.
- Current Class A License required.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).