Distribution Manager ensures that all Distribution and Fleet programs and initiatives are executed as designed by providing leadership and coordination of activities. This includes the direct responsibility for efficient operation of all routes to increase sales and reduce operation costs.
* Plans, directs and monitors routing for all assigned facilities to ensure proper route coverage.
* Responsible for direction and coordination of route drivers to ensure maximum performance relative to product delivery, service and good customer relations.
* Responsible to ensure customer complaints are investigated and resolved related to in-store service and delivery.
* Ensures route returns are maintained within company standards.
* Ensures full compliance with all company quality assurance standards.
* Performs regular inspections to ensure all facilities, equipment and vehicles are in full compliance with company standards.
* Assures timely and assertive responses to inspection findings, working closely with Company Safety and DOT compliance managers.
* Develops annual cost savings initiatives that are aligned with the division and corporate strategic plan.
* Coordinates and monitors routing software activities and assures improvement strategies are realized.
* Must have negotiation skills to work with Third Party Carriers / Vendors should outside services be needed to move product / provide services.
* Must be able to manage the department’s annual operating budget and assist in cost analysis.
* Understands and drives distribution initiatives as well as overall cost-conscious culture.
* Monitors Xata activities and assures improvement strategies are realized.
* Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
* Ensures compliance with all Dean Corporate policies and procedures.
* Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and controlling.
* Has management responsibility involving staffing, conducting performance appraisals, training and developing subordinates, promotions, salary increases, terminations, disciplinary actions, etc.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree preferred plus two to five years’ experience to include Distribution, Transportation and Logistics preferred. Experience should include Cost Reporting Procedures, Budgeting, Inventory Control as well as experience in Routing Software, GPS Systems and Routing Optimization.
* Possess Project Management skills, financial management skills and ability to analyze and develop budgets.
* Possess regulatory knowledge in applicable Federal, State and Local guidelines (i.e. DOT, OSHA, DMV).
* Union (for union facilities), safety and workers compensation experience preferred.
* Experience leading and following safety/security policies and procedures.
* Ability to follow all sanitation and quality policies and procedures, and report and follow through on any deficiencies.
* Ability to train and motivate Distribution Supervisors and Drivers.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer-based applications.
* Excellent verbal / written communication skills.
* Skilled in Organization, Time Management, Prioritization and attention to detail.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Ability to adapt to changing Organizational and Operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
* Strong team player who is able to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods considers marijuana (including medical marijuana) to be an illegal drug. Dean Foods will rescind offers of employment to applicants who test positive for marijuana (unless restricted from doing so by state or local law). Dean Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.