Dean Foods is searching for a Head of Master Data Manager based in Dallas, TX.
Responsible for the management of enterprise-wide customer master data (focus on item master and centralized catalog management) and the coordination between departments to collect data and ensure data quality, organization, and alignment in all related systems. This role will serve as the primary business interface with IT Solutions delivery for the preparation of master data (items, material, pricing, vendor, customer, finance, production planning) for loading into the ERP, as well as driving business process change management. The incumbent will be part of a cross-functional data governance team to ensure timely and accurate data for business analysis and decision-making.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collaborate with business and technical teams to create an enterprise-wide strategy and vision for how product-related data will be governed and flow across systems.
- Facilitate definition of data ownership and responsibilities across the enterprise.
- Design, document and maintain data processes and flow across all systems.
- Ensure that master data systems remain validated and compliant.
- Responsible for leading a cross-functional team to build and maintain data attributes related to products across the Dean Foods portfolio
- Identifies critical attributes which must be included on all interfaces and masters
- Cleanses legacy data and identifies critical standardization needs
- Ensures master data integrity in key systems and as well as maintaining the processes to support data quality
- Responsible for identifying gaps in change control and implementing corrective actions
- Identifies spheres of data quality issues and works to resolve all pending issues through error detection and appropriate corrective action
- Ensures and maintains data quality and delivers documentation identifying best practices for maintenance
- Works cross-functionally to define data strategy, policies, controls, and programs to ensure accuracy
- Help to translate business requirements from a BI perspective into data warehousing requirements
- Delivers Master Data expertise for the commercial organization in alignment with business and IT Solutions strategy
- Develops and oversees ongoing Master Data Administration for both operational and analytical needs
- Partners with IT Solutions to ensure alignment of master data governance by providing oversight and direction to IT resources and acting as steward to Customer and Product master data
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Information Technology or related discipline.
- Minimum 15 years experience in a Master Data Leadership role.
- Minimum 5 years experience managing professional level employees.
- Six Sigma or other business process mapping certification strongly preferred.
- Professional Project Management certification strongly preferred.
- Thorough understanding of master data and the role it plays in supporting business process
- Ability to influence and have accomplishments by leveraging resources outside of immediate control
- Proven track record of designing and executing a global master data strategy.
- Experience with data modeling, architecting, data analysis, data migration tools, data integration, data warehousing and database design.
- Demonstrated functional expertise across a wide range of technologies, ERP systems and MDM platforms.
- Experience of building relationships with executive and senior leadership, with a proven ability to influence and collaborate at all levels.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, developing creative solutions and meeting project objectives.
- The ability to prioritize and manage several projects and customers simultaneously.
- Excellent business acumen and communication skills.
- Customer focused.
- Good organizational skills with cultural awareness and sensitivity