Dean Foods is seeking a Payroll Supervisor to support our Accounting team in Fort Worth, TX. This role leads, develops and manages a team of payroll individuals processing 630k payments annually.
We are seeking someone with strong Payroll Processing, Supervisory as well as managing KPI's. We offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and great growth opportunities.
We look forward to speaking with you in greater detail about this role.
The Payroll Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the daily activities of the department to ensure payrolls for the entire company and the various locations are processed in compliance with federal and state regulations. The Payroll Supervisor also ensures all established service levels of the payroll process are met while enforcing adherence to established company policies and procedures.
Please note: Our Payroll team processes over 630K payments annually for a workforce exceeding 16,000 employees.
Key duties include but are not limited to:
- Supports the Payroll staff assuring adequate coverage for critical tasks
- Provides training in payroll processes and process changes
- Coaches and counsels staff to maximize performance and improve services and efficiencies.
- Completes and delivers annual performance reviews for payroll staff
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local laws
- Meets payroll operational standards by implementing production, productivity, quality and customer service standards; and resolving problems
- Serves as the subject matter expert, providing senior level input, evaluation and guidance on payroll related issues
- Evaluates existing processes and designs and implements process improvements; collaborates with other departments as required for process improvements
- Resolves more complex customer service issues and problems utilizing their individual expertise in payroll policies and laws
- Responds to questions from employees and resolves discrepancies Utilizes advanced level of payroll knowledge and experience, creativity, foresight and mature judgment in anticipating and solving problems
- Maintains and supervises the maintenance of payroll records and databases; validates payroll records by performing audits to ensure accuracy
- Ensures that all defined payroll SOX controls are performed and that payroll is meeting all SOX payroll requirements as defined in payroll narrative
- Supports the Company’s Mission, Vision and Values statement
- Develop and maintain business relationships with internal and external business stakeholders, employees and management.
- Handles escalated inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws
- Assist management and employees in the understanding of payroll procedures
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, or other business-related fields strongly preferred
- CPP designation strongly preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in processing multi-state payrolls
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in complex payroll environments with special expertise in: payroll taxes (federal and state), and payroll auditing
- Strong knowledge with taxable wages, compliance, and payroll related forms
- Knowledge of ADP Enterprise V4/V5 and KRONOS systems preferred
- Shared Services experience preferred
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of understanding of GAAP
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive data
- High level attention to detail
- Strong communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Works well in a dynamic environment, handling multiple projects simultaneously, meets deadlines and has excellent organizational skills
- Enjoys providing mentorship and direction to team members
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills which contribute to the company culture
- Adaptable to changing environment and technology
- Ability to maintain a strong sense of urgency at all times
- Demonstrated ability in the follow areas: Business Acumen or Expertise, Conceptual Thinking, Problem Solving, Decision Making, Interpersonal Communications, Customer Service Orientation, Process Improvement