The Finance Administration Supervisor II provides administrative oversight and supervision for less complex plant(s) and related branch operations. He/she ensures compliance with appropriate accounting and Sarbanes-Oxley controls within his/her assigned area.
• As applicable for the specific plant environment, the position will be responsible for the direct supervision, oversight and backup support for the following functions: Accounts Payable / Purchasing; Payroll / Attendance Tracking; Route Settlement; Order-to-Cash, including Credit, Billing, Cash Application, and Collections; Pricing / Rebate Administration; and Records Retention.
• Provides compliance monitoring support in the following areas. These functions report directly to Operations Management: Raw Milk Accounting & Tracking; and Production and Inventory Management (incl. shrink & other variance reporting & analysis).
• Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and controlling.
• Has supervisory responsibility involving staffing, conducting performance appraisals, training and developing subordinates, promotions, salary increases, terminations, disciplinary actions, etc.
• Models, leads, and trains staff to ensure continuous improvement in all areas relevant to position.
• Leads by example with the Dean Foods Code of Ethics. This includes following company policies, standards and specifications.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance or related field preferred.
* A minimum of 4 years’ experience in Accounting, Audit or related field Finance functions.
* Strong working knowledge of plant operating and support systems.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
* Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs.
* Must be a strong team player who is able to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
* Ability to work collaboratively with all departments, management levels within the company, and external stakeholders.
* Ability to select, guide, develop, and retain a team of employees.
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).