** Position will support the East Region. Candidate can be based in any major hub city in Midwest or Eastern U.S. **
This individual will lead the Organic Valley Fresh selling strategy, tactics and coordination for HTST Milk and the defined Organic Valley Core Items portfolio through the Dean Foods and Organic Valley selling organizations. This individual will reside in one of the three Dean Foods selling regions and will be the sales champion and resident expert for the Organic Valley Fresh product portfolio. Responsibilities include all channels of business and customers as defined in the Joint Venture Channel Grid. Individual will be responsible for working with Region channel and customer leads to advance the Organic Valley Fresh agenda. This will require strong collaboration between the two selling organizations, the customers and the other members of the Organic Valley Fresh Management Team. The position will be responsible for significantly growing both companies organic milk business through the joint venture partnership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the sell in, development and growth of the Organic Valley brands that are included in the Organic Valley Fresh Joint Venture.
• Responsible for developing annual revenue and trade promotions budget in concert with both Dean Foods and Organic Valley Sales and Marketing teams.
• Delivering net revenue and contribution margin targets for the Organic Valley Fresh annual operating plan.
• Conduct sales calls with Dean Foods and Organic Valley Sales Teams in defined channels.
• Develop and present quarterly business reviews with Region selling organizations to include RSVP, Finance VP, Sales VP and General Managers.
• Lead the development and facilitation of training Dean Foods Sales Organization on selling Organic Valley Portfolio.
• Work Cross-Functionally with Organic Valley Fresh Management Team to optimize P&L.
• Build and create unique Organic Valley Fresh customer trade promotional programs for Dean Foods owned channels and accounts.
• Manage trade spending budget as defined by Organic Valley Fresh.
• Implement and manage retail pricing architecture for Organic Valley Fresh items, including Brand and P&L, in coordination with all regions to ensure uniformity of pricing on a regional and national basis.
• Identify and attend industry-wide trade events that help to advance the Organic Valley Fresh Sales Agenda in accordance with plan and budget.
• Develop new business acquisition targets for both Organic Valley Fresh and Private Label HTST Organic Milk business.
• In partnership with Dean and Organic Valley selling teams, lead RFP process for all Organic P&L Bids within assigned Region.
• Work with Category Management teams to develop insights and selling materials to grow Organic Valley Fresh market share in all measured channels.
• High School diploma is required, Bachelor's degree is preferred.
• A minimum of 8 years Key Account sales experience.
• 5+ years regional sales management experience.
• Demonstrated achievements and accomplishments in CPG industry.
• Demonstrated success leading a large region to multiple sales gains/wins required.
• Requires a strong knowledge and understanding of the Region trade and competitive environment.
• Must have effectively established relationships with major retailers.
• Strong working knowledge/skill in analysis and utilization of syndicated data ie: IRI/Nielsen.
• Strong Proficiency in Power Point, Word and Excel.
• Strong analytical skills required.
• Confident presentation skills required. Strong listener.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Ability to be a team player required.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Strong collaborator with ability to garner consensus.
• Ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to travel up to 50% of time within the Region.
• Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods considers marijuana (including medical marijuana) to be an illegal drug. Dean Foods will rescind offers of employment to applicants who test positive for marijuana (unless restricted from doing so by state or local law). Dean Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.