Overall Responsibility for the direction and planning of the Network Maintenance department, which includes the develop of performance and reliability plans on the plant network inclusive of ammonia system reliability, plant and energy automation. Develops strategic direction of the department. Establishes procedures, performance standards, and best practices. Establishes goals, plans calendar, develops budget, plans and oversees projects, and ensures personnel are in compliance with Company and federal safety and employment regulations.
Reporting directly to the SVP of Transformation/CoE, this job will be responsible for managing a team of national and regional resources that support a complete suit maintenance and reliability practices at all sites. position leads site-wide reliability maintenance planning for critical facilities and assets. This entails standards, processes, work flows, procedures, work instructions, metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPI)s. In addition this position will be responsible for the development and implementation of plans to maintain and upgrade plant ammonia systems in accordance with government regulations. Additional duties include the further development of automation systems targeted at plant (line ops and energy) to improve overall performance on a national scale.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below:
- Participates as an effective, engaged and accountable member of the senior team, with responsibilities to include overall departmental strategy and operational success
- Implements approved business plan including short term and long-term objectives for the department
- Monitors key measurement reports and financial statements to determine performance against objectives; implements revised objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions
- Works effectively with corporate peers to ensure operational requirements are understood and effectively resourced
- Monitors compliance with all industry regulations and standards
- Direct the implementation of appropriate Process Safety Management (PSM) and Risk Management Plan (RMP) Programs to ensure adherence to all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Assist in the development & implementation of corporate and site equipment reliability initiatives and site maintenance improvement plans related to Planning and MRO improvement initiatives.
- Provides leadership and direction to staff, including but not limited to hiring, disciplining, motivating and assessing management performance
- Participates, as needed, on company cross-functional teams and/or committees to study and resolve complex network and strategic business problems
- Ensures field compliance with corporate policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position is responsible for the direct supervision of staff management directing reliability pillar areas of Maintenance Systems, MRO Optimization, and Reliability tool implementation.
- Serve as the primary change agent for company-wide maintenance reliability initiatives by driving the required cultural transformation and the adoption of successful continuous improvement practices.
- Develop and implement maintenance reliability strategies to increase machine OEE and achieve optimal performance
- Coordinate with maintenance teams to validate maintenance plans, schedules, instructions, spare parts specifications, etc., applying industry best practices.
- Monitor Repair and Maintenance (R&M) spend at sites collaborate with local team to manage spends to budget.
- Diagnose barriers to overall project success and initiating and facilitating resolution
- Review critical asset performance to mitigate risk and improve facility performance standards, operating effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develop capital renewal plans (deferred maintenance) based on projected asset life for critical facilities. Include alternative scenarios reflecting maintenance improvements, operating conditions, future customer requirements and technology advances.
- Train business leaders in the effective use of maintenance reliability tools and methodologies
- Building an effective maintenance reliability team through internal & external recruiting
- Enable corporate safety and quality strategies.
- Executing the methodologies and tools of RCM and TPM
- Managing performance metrics to ensure that programs are being adequately executed;
- Utilizing data sources to manage and identify opportunities in MTBF (mean time between failures) of assets
- Resourcing suppliers to achieve the optimal MTBF of assets
- Implements a structured approach to facility and non-routine maintenance requirements
- Determine and implement best practices for facilities maintenance (concrete, structural, etc.)
- Develop, coordinate and manage non-routine maintenance budget process for network
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline is required. MS or MBA is preferred.
- 12 years of Maintenance & Engineering experience is required.
- 7 or more years of experience in maintenance reliability leadership is required.
- Experience implementing Reliability Centered Maintenance and Total Productive Maintenance.
- Experience in leading maintenance reliability teams is required.
- Ability to effectively role model knowledge and frontline leadership styles necessary for sustainable maintenance reliability.
- Demonstrated ability to constructively engage, negotiate, and resolve conflict and influence business leaders while building strong counseling relationships with senior leaders.
- Knowledge of project management issues regarding budget, timeline, or scope.
- Effectively communicate financial and operating information to all levels across the business.
- Design, development and implementation reliability strategies are essential in this role.
- Experience managing and directing multiple site locations is required.
- Strong communications skills (i.e. verbal, written and interpersonal) are required.
- Ability and experience working in a highly matrixed organizational structure within a diverse culture is preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, etc.) is required.
- Ability to travel up to 50% Domestic is required.
- Design, development and implementation reliability: 10 years
- Total Productive Maintenance: 7 years
- Engineering: 10 years
- Maintenance reliability leadership: 10 years
- Implementing Reliability Centered Maintenance: 8 years
- CMRP, CRL, CEM or CPE certifications desired.