The Logistic Analyst is responsible for providing analytical support for the management of
over in annual Logistics expense. The Logistics Analyst must be able to take large amounts of
complex data and create actionable analysis designed to reduce cost or improve service. This person must
have a strong background in transportation, and logistics as well as possess strong
analytical and technical skills.
- DSD Analysis
- Monitors and reports out the distribution cost (CPG) results and understands the major drivers moving results.
- Assist with providing transportation cost estimates for business related RFP’s or Frequency Reductions.
- Route Engineering
- Creation and validation of all daily routing and knowledge of DR Track tools to assist with the route optimization process for the Division.
- Ensure accuracy of customer data ongoing and during / after the route optimization process by partnering with the commercial and logistics leadership team.
- Assist / Facilitate – DMOS KPIs Staff Calls
- Development and execution of key Logistic metrics / KPIs
- Provides coaching / training on Logistics Software (Connected Fleet)
- Provides training / support to the logistics leadership team on DMS and DR Track maintenance.
- May insure that all carrier contractual and insurance requirements are current.
- Provide analytical support on key cost savings initiatives and associated KPIs.
- Project involvement to drive efficiencies and cost savings.
- Other initiatives and tasks as instructed by the Division Logistic Manager
- Monthly Reporting
- Ability to gather, disseminate and report out (score board) on data concerning Expenses, KPIs, Route Data, and overall performance to include recommended actions.
- Strong Technology/Computer Skills (MS Office, Access, Excel, Internet)
- Ability to Multi-Task (working in a fast pace environment)
- Strong Organization Skills and Ability to Prioritize multiple priorities
- Customer Service Orientation
- Good Written and Verbal Communication Skills with a wide variety of audiences (senior management, peers, drivers, carriers, vendors, etc.)
- Strong Time Management Skills
- Problem Solving Ability
- Min 3 years Transportation / Logistics Education or Equivalent Experience
- Familiarity with Transportation Management Software
- Project Management Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree – Preferred