Dean Foods (NYSE: DF) is a leading food and beverage company in the United States. We are one of the nation’s largest processors and direct-to-store distributors of fluid milk, ice cream, cultured products, juices, teas and other products marketed under more than 50 local, regional and national brands and private labels.
We are seeking to hire a Finance Shared Services Executive to lead our captive and outsourced business services. This position will report to our CAO and will be responsible for the delivery of business services (Payables, Receivables, Payroll, General Accounting, Cost Accounting, Customer Service, Order Entry and Pricing), in alignment with our strategic priorities. In addition to delivering the existing scope of our finance shared business services, the role will also focus on expanding the company’s finance shared services strategy to improve overall cost performance and service levels to the business.
- Develop and oversee implementation of a 3-5 year strategic roadmap and financial objectives for effective and efficient delivery of enterprise-wide finance shared services.
- Ensure key business processes meet or exceed defined KPIs and service level agreements for both captive and outsourced business processes.
- Develop strong partnerships with the business, while constantly aligning delivery of finance shared services to meet business objectives.
- Partner with IT leadership to design and implement technologies to enable efficient and effective business processes, while improving our overall controls environment.
- Support the internal control environment and accurate transactional processing in compliance with SOX and other audit requirements.
- Oversee design and execution of improvement initiatives within finance shared services and with third party providers.
- Define vendor management approach and provide oversight of all third party outsourced providers so as to meet defined service levels, performance metrics and productivity benefits.
- Partner with procurement to drive proactive contract management/compliance and measure vendor performance for future vendor selections in business services.
- Assess risk in third party delivery and develop mitigation plans in collaboration with third party providers.
- Build team member capabilities through rigorous objective setting, clear roles & responsibilities, and cultivation of an environment of accountability.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA, CPA or equivalent certification preferred.
- 15+ years experience in a financial/ accounting role, with 5+ years experience overseeing a shared services function.
- 7+ years progressive experience in a leadership role, including prior experience overseeing a large team.
- Strong track record of delivering measurable results through captive processes and management of vendors of outsourced services.
- A compelling communications style that facilitates successful one-on-one and group interactions, builds strategic relationships through influence, and cultivates networks.
- Personal leadership that that guides and inspires others to achieve organizational outcomes and drives alignment and accountability to results.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all departments, management levels within the company, and external stakeholders.
- Ability to recruit, hire, develop, coach, and mentor talent for current and future needs.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).