Develop and manage the customer marketing strategies to support and grow the assigned Dean Foods business. Act as the commercial lead working cross-functionally, both internally and externally. Cross functional partners to include; Marketing, Demand Planning, BU Finance, Revenue Management and Field Sales. Support and influence the customer business planning process to drive strategic alignment with the Dean Foods key initiatives. Act as a collaborative partner representing sales in the development of executable brand strategies.
Principal Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and manage the overall customer activation strategy for the assigned Dean Foods business.
- Contribute to the development of account specific concepts in conjunction with our shopper marketing agency.
- Own the timeline and development of the required selling materials for the assigned business unit.
- Lead the analysis and tracking of key customer KPI’s, leveraging IRI Market Advantage
- Lead the development of the DSMP objectives for the assigned business.
- Lead the analysis and reporting of the account planners for the assigned business.
- Develop and manage the customer activation strategy
Customer Planning Material Development
- Act as the commercial sales partner/liaison – Transform Marketing strategies into Sales initiatives and serve as the conduit between field sales and the Marketing team.
- Develop and evaluate business building opportunities, including ROI metrics, providing guidance and recommendations to the business.
- Employ a strategic focus through fact based analysis to support key marketing objectives.
- Develop timelines and track the progress of the development of all required planning materials
- Ensure planning materials meet the established guidelines and the needs of the field sales team.
- Actively work cross functionally with business team to develop best in class selling materials.
- Act as the primary conduit between the business team and field sales.
- Compile field sales input on key issues to develop and shape the most effective sales strategy.
- Deliver continuous improvement by providing the business team with sales insights.
- Develop and lead the analysis of the business DSMP objectives.
- Develop and communicate monthly reporting derived from account plans to ensure compliance with the Dean Foods execution objectives.
- Assist broader team in the development of analytics/insights for the customer planning process.
- Provide input to the demand planning team on new item launches as well as disruptive promotional activity.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 7-10 years of total work experience (CPG industry preferred).
- 5+ years of direct account management (CPG industry preferred).
- Must be a confident presenter.
- Must have strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in effective customer marketing.
- Progressive responsibility in account management and possess strong analytical skills.
- Proven ability to balance the requirements of cross functional partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, style guidelines, and corporate sensitivities.
- Ability to multi-task and work in self-directed fashion when necessary.
- Ability to represent the company and the function in a competent and professional manner.
- Strong organizational skills, process management and influencing skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to operate in a lean organization with limited direct resources.
- Bias toward action.