The Route Sales Supervisor is responsible for the management of route sales drivers including training, objective setting and continuous improvement in route sales performance.
* Sets work schedules, ensuring coverage of each route.
* Maintains focus and responds constructively to daily routing situations. Acts decisively at the right time.
* Deals effectively with routing and customer situations.
* Trains route drivers to sell in products, includes new, seasonal, or line extensions.
* Trains route drivers to manage inventory, and merchandise product. Trains in pre-sell where applicable.
* Sets objectives and tracks results for each route sales driver.
* Utilizes data from XATA and other sources to assist senior managers with KPI’s.
* Ensures driver safety training conducted and coach safe driving practices.
* Optimizes distribution productivity.
* Ensures compliance with any DOT regulations; keeps informed of regulatory and logistical issues.
* Coaches and develops each driver by demonstrating skills and route riding on a regular basis.
* Encourages others to work as a team. Provides input and guidance to team.
* Helps sustain a culture that encourages commitment to quality service and high performance.
* Solves problems with desire to produce exceptional results.
* Coordinates and dispatches special deliveries.
* Coordinates route settlement and inventory validation on the route sales driver side.
* Manages customer complaints.
* Applies knowledge of basic Distribution techniques and concepts. Uses good judgment to handle issues and problems.
* Collaborates with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
* Provides for the supervision of assigned employees in scheduling and daily activities, ensuring effective selection, retention, feedback, disciplinary action and performance management. If a collective bargaining agreement exists, may participate grievances or other contract related activities and discussions.
* Committed to product quality and contributes to the best management practices in maintaining or reaching quality goals.
* Models, leads, and trains staff to ensure continuous improvement in all areas relevant to position.
* Leads by example with the Dean Foods Code of Ethics. This includes following company policies, standards and specifications.
* Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and delegating.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Two or four year college degree preferred
* Five years experience in route sales delivery
* Previous supervisory experience a plus
* Familiar with Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality Policies and Procedures, and report and follow through on any deficiencies.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
* Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Skill in organization, prioritization, and attention to detail.
* Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
* Ability to select, coach, develop, engage, and retain a team of employees.
* Must possess and maintain a Class A and/or Class B CDL
* DOT qualified
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).