The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for supporting and assisting the Fleet Manager in maintaining a cost-efficient fleet and maintenance operation. Primary objectives are to support our route sales, transports, and plant operations personnel with and safe and cost efficient fleet.
* Assists in the development and refinement of vehicle and equipment specifications.
* Assists in the development and adherence of company’s preventive maintenance program.
* Monitors in-house and outside repair shops to ensure prompt and correct repairs are performed at the lowest possible cost.
* Responsible for the procurement, organization, and replenishment of parts necessary to maintain a cost-efficient and reliable fleet.
* Responsible for maintaining a clean, safe, and organized fleet maintenance facility.
* Responsible for strict adherence to all federal, state, and local environmental and OSHA regulations.
* Trains and directs fleet maintenance personnel on safest and most efficient methods of performing
preventative maintenance and repairs.
* Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
* Ensures compliance with all Dean Corporate policies and procedures.
* Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and controlling.
* Has management responsibility involving staffing, conducting performance appraisals, training and developing subordinates, promotions, salary increases, terminations, disciplinary actions, etc.
* Models, leads, and trains staff to ensure continuous improvement in all areas relevant to position.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Minimum of five years experience in fleet maintenance. Management and supervisory experience preferred.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public.
* Ability to add subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
* Ability to solve problems and deal with ambiguity in situations where only limited standardization exists and to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Must be able to possess and maintain a valid class A or B CDL license, ASE certification, Certificate of completion – Thermo King and Carrier.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand use hands and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, stretch and reach with hands and arms, and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Must have full range of body motion.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, and cold or extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate/loud.
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
* Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Skill in organization, prioritization, and attention to detail.
* Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
* Ability to select, coach, develop, engage, and retain a team of employees.
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).