Meadow Gold Dairies, Honolulu, Hawaii
Responsible for the management and the performance of accounts receivable procedures for the Credit and A/R department. Includes management of staff, new customer set-up, timely collections, proper payment application, bad debt calculations, reconciliations, reporting and compliance.
- Minimizes financial risk to the organization by assessing and advising on creditworthiness of prospective and existing customers.
- Build partnerships with all Area Managers, sales staff and branch personnel.
- Ability to proactively problem solve with all key management personnel
- Utilize critical thinking skills to analyze DSO and facilitate an effective collection process
- Handle multiple tasks with impending deadlines with detailed accuracy.
- Negotiates and advises on collection of overdue bills and takes appropriate action to recover overdue payments.
- Provide various reports including calculations and recommendations for bad debt accruals and write-offs.
- This position manages all personnel in A/R and Credit/Collections. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, directing work, setting work schedules, performance appraisal, and recognition and/or disciplining employees. Further responsibilities include customer and/or employee problem resolution.
- A BS degree is required with three to five years of related experience and knowledge of accounts receivable, credit and collections. Must be able to understand and apply generally accepted accounts receivable guidelines. CCE certification is a plus
- Performs other duties as assigned.