This position performs complex diagnostics, repairs, and repairs in a timely manner; ensuring quality, and expense guidelines and reliability goals are met. The Senior Fleet Maintenance Technician (“SFMT) 3 works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and mentors other technicians on a regular basis. (Possess adequate experience to demonstrate mastery of shop technical duties within 90 days.). The SFMT-3 technician possesses the highest level of experience and expertise in vehicle diagnostics and repair. The SFMT-3 may specialize in areas such as: refrigeration, electronics, emissions, etc..., and should possess a combination of extensive vehicle repair experience; Interacts with drivers to properly determine root cause of complaints, performs standard and preventative vehicle maintenance, performs facility maintenance duties, utilizes key functions of shop management system and other electronic systems available, works in accordance with all federal/state and corporate compliance guidelines (i.e., safety, DOT,CSA), other support duties as required to support operations, demonstrate the ability to access and use internal and external maintenance documents,advises shop management and other technicians on shop repairs, performs remote triage with vendors and drivers to determine best solution to assist roadside breakdowns. 4+ years of experience in performing advanced mechanical repairs and diagnostics on heavy duty and medium duty equipment.General truck and trailer repairs (major and minor) including but not limited to brakes, transmission, engine, suspension, steering, tire replacement, lights, hoses, belts, batteries, electronic engine controls, electrical systems and refrigeration units.
- Perform prescribed Preventative Maintenance.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information. Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Mechanic Certifications and CDL-A preferred.
- Must be computer literate, and have experience with engine, ABS, transmission, etc. diagnostic equipment and software.
- Refrigeration license required.
- Must be able to stand, walk, kneel, bend, reach, crawl required for virtually the entire shift. Able to lift up to 50 pounds and assist others when lifting is required. Manipulation of tools, equipment and truck component is required.
- Must be able to work in a dusty, greasy environment with moderate to high noise volume.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).