The Logistics Optimization Engineer utilizes Lean methodologies to identify and eliminate all forms of waste.
The LOE is expected to go to where the work happens, understand it and improve it.
The LOE fosters an effective, nimble and urgent routing environment that flexes with business changes to produce safe and optimal routing solutions that meet customer expectations.
Although focused on Logistics, the LOE will maintain a companywide point of view ensuring that solutions deliver the best enterprise wide results.
The Logistics Optimization Engineer leads data gathering and analysis to uncover and implement operational improvements. This position compiles data, develops reports, and creates / deploys continuous improvement initiatives. He/She routinely participates in route rides and other Logistics’ activities for the purposes of conducting time and motion studies and developing solutions. The LOE implements Dean Logistics’ standards and best practices. He/She maintains information and master data ensuring that data is clean and current. The LOE uses routing software to create optimal route solutions.
Specifically, the responsibilities of the individual will include:
- Participates in route rides for the purposes of conducting time and motion studies, uncovering waste and developing optimal solutions.
- Observes office and yard activities for the purposes of conducting time and motion studies, uncovering waste and developing optimal solutions.
- Through time and motion studies, the LOE identifies best practices and develops, documents and deploys those as standard operating procedures.
- The LOE applies the SOPs to route activities and develops optimized routing solutions and creates new time stamped route schedules reflecting the best demonstrated practices and times.
- Analyzes asset utilization, develops and deploys solutions that maximize asset utilization without creating up or downstream bottlenecks.
- Analyzes fuel MPG data by asset and driver, develops and deploys solutions to maximize MPG.
- Analyzes customer return data by customer, product and driver and develops and deploys solutions to minimize customer returns without sacrificing sales or service.
- Performs observation and analysis of activities at all Logistics’ facilities including branches, coolers, docks, cross-docks and satellites for the purposes of identifying and eliminating waste.
- Works with Dean’s corporate Lean resources to design and deploy best practices and standards.
- Works with Managers and Supervisors to help them understand, deploy and sustain improvement initiatives.
- Creates and distributes weekly and monthly KPI performance and ranking postings
- Assists with customer RPFs by providing accurate cost to serve data.
- Maintains master data ensuring it is clean and current.
- Bachelor’s degree, Industrial Engineering – Required
- 3 or more years of applicable Dean Foods experience can be considered in lieu of a BS in IE
- Experience with People Net, Direct Route, DR Track and Road Net – Preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) – Required
- Experience with Lean methodologies and tools (e.g., DMAIC, PDCA, Kaizen, Gemba, Time Studies, Process Mapping, 5 Whys, 5 S, and others)
- Experience developing and improving processes
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, analytical and critical reasoning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage deadlines, organize, prioritize work and collaborate effectively with other internal and external teams