Under direction, design and execute data analytics projects to support the risk management and internal audit functions. Responsibilities include the development of models, ongoing maintenance of models, project management, and the design and timely production of management reports. Utilize business data, programming, and statistical methods to provide insight into business performance and make recommendations for improvement. Conduct effective data research and associated analysis. Perform user maintenance, data quality, and release management for risk management, internal audit, and business intelligence systems as needed. Assist the team in automating manual processes. Provide analyst support for the broader risk management function.
- Develop and implement tools, analytics, and models to evaluate and identify performance and recommend performance improvement opportunities.
- Present potential business solutions and recommendations based on research and analysis of data and business processes.
- Lead efforts to automate manual processes to improve accuracy and efficiency of risk management, internal audit, and other operational functions.
- Develop and maintain risk management reports, analysis and financial modeling consolidating quantitative and qualitative data from multiple sources to identify trends and support risk-based decisions.
- Maintain risk management and internal audit information systems and business intelligence tools including data and system requirements, configuration, data extractions, implementation of upgrades, data quality, and data access management.
- Provide data analytics, and quality assurance for the semi-annual actuarial studies.
- Provide training documents for user quick tips and techniques; maintain and develop required user training.
- Maintain current knowledge of emerging technologies and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Demonstrate a customer-focused approach with internal teams and management.
- Present analysis and interpretation of data for operational and business review, budgeting, and planning.
- Work collaboratively with appropriate IT teams to manage and support relevant systems, tools and databases.
- Provide analyst support to the overall policies, procedures, technology, planning and reporting.
- Undergraduate degree in Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Actuarial Science, Data Management, or a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 2-4 years of overall work experience with undergraduate degree; 0-2 years with advanced degree.
- Experience in school or work building financial models, analysis and tools leveraging Tableau, Power BI or other business intelligence tools.
- Intellectual curiosity with regard to how data and analytics can be used to identify trends and pinpoint business improvement opportunities.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical capability, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft office products including, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access. R, SAS or other statistical analysis experience a plus.
- Excellent data storytelling skills preferred.
- Possess strong prioritization skills; flexibility and ability to multi-task on a daily basis.
- Ability to creatively and independently analyze data and propose solutions. Be a self-starter.