The Cost Accountant III, under general direction, provides accounting services high- to mega-complex plant(s) by monitoring, analyzing and providing monthly cost updates. He/she compiles and submits monthly market reports according to Market Administrator protocol and ensures proper milk accruals, and serves as a resource to accounting teams on cost accounting matters.
• Serves as a subject matter expert for Cost Accounting.
• Analyzes cost records to ascertain distribution of costs for various divisions of management and production.
• Classifies labor, material, and overhead costs to compute the unit cost of product or service.
• Records cost data for use by management in controlling expenditures.
• Prepares, analyzes, and tracks monthly inventory reserves, material savings, inventory forecast, and standard margin variances.
• Gathers system reports and information from plants needed to complete the Market Administrator report.
• Conducts and analyzes audits of costs and prepares reports.
• Determines and installs cost accounting methods and procedures.
• Analyzes actual costs versus standard costs and prepares reports of variances.
• Compiles cost data for preparation of operating budgets.
• Prepares estimates of new or proposed product costs.
• Performs intercompany accounting procedures by calculating intercompany pricing, creating invoices for intercompany charges, and recording expenditures and product received, and creating cream sales invoices.
• Instructs or assigns work to cost clerks and accounting clerks engaged in cost or general accounting activities.
• Supports multiple functions such as General Management, Human Resources, Operations, Sales, Group Vice Presidents, and Corporate Finance.
• Provides cost accounting expertise to seniors for assigned plant and leaders by exchanging information and providing guidance.
• Supports members of Internal Audit team and Company’s external auditors. • Performs other duties as assigned.
• Four-year degree in Accounting, or Business, or related field required, with a minimum of 30 semester hours of accounting coursework completed.
• Minimum of 4 years Accounting or Finance experience, including a minimum of 3 years of direct Standard Cost Accounting experience.
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and other areas related to financial reporting and systems proficiency.
• In-depth knowledge of Cost Accounting methods.
• Ability to use financial tools.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems.
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
• Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs.
• Ability to work collaboratively with all departments, management levels within the company, and external stakeholders.
• Skill in organization, prioritization, and attention to detail.
• Must be able to pass all pre•employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods considers marijuana (including medical marijuana) to be an illegal drug. Dean Foods will rescind offers of employment to applicants who test positive for marijuana (unless restricted from doing so by state or local law). Dean Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
California applicants, click here for information regarding the data collection notice for California Consumer Privacy Act.