Garelick Farms, a DFA company, is seeking a 2nd Shift Plant Maintenance Supervisor for our Franklin, MA location.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and great growth opportunities.
Shift: 2nd (3pm-11pm on rotating days)
The Maintenance Supervisor directly supervises maintenance employees on assigned shifts to ensure the effective delivery of maintenance services and support production in a 24-hour 7-day per week operation. This includes planning, assigning and directing work, coordinating weekly CI Meetings, addressing product and employee complaints, and resolving problems. This person carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies, OSHA regulations and applicable laws while following all CI Processes and the Management Operating Structure (MOS).
* Collaborates with the plant engineer, maintenance manager, and facility management to utilize equipment to improve employee safety, production quality, equipment reliability, and overall equipment effectiveness.
* Supervises both the maintenance and capital projects for the site.
* Utilizes mechanical and electrical expertise to maintain production systems, utilities, buildings and grounds.
* Utilizes a computerized maintenance management system to optimize asset utilization through scheduled preventative maintenance.
* Implements corrective actions identified by key maintenance performance indicators as a means to create overall equipment effectiveness.
* Remains current with latest and emerging industry regulations and codes relative to mechanical and electrical systems design and operation.
* Ensures corporate policies and standards are followed in both capital project implementation as well as daily maintenance.
* Shares “best practices” within the Maintenance Department.
* Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and delegating.
* Provides for the management of employees directly or through supervisors to ensure effective selection, retention, development, disciplinary action and performance management. If a collective bargaining agreement exists, may participate in negotiations, grievances or other contract related activities and discussions.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Dean Foods considers marijuana (including medical marijuana) to be an illegal drug. Dean Foods will rescind offers of employment to applicants who test positive for marijuana (unless restricted from doing so by state or local law). Dean Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
California applicants, click here for information regarding the data collection notice for California Consumer Privacy Act.