Brown's Dairy is recruiting for a Shipping/Warehouse Manager to lead shipping and warehouse operations in our Cooler.
The Shipping/Warehouse Manager provides leadership and direction to the warehouse / shipping department in areas of responsibility including administration, shipping, receiving, scheduling employees, sanitation, quality, safety and environmental. He/she works with the Plant Manager and/or Operations Manager as the liaison between the Plant and other departments including Sales, Distribution, Corporate, and State and Federal Regulatory Personnel.
* Plans, directs and coordinates the activities of the shipping department in an organized, safe and sanitary work environment that is in compliance with the Company’s policies, OSHA and government regulations.
* Coordinates the load out schedule with in-house distribution and outside contractors to ensure the timely and accurate load out and receiving of all products.
* Is responsible for expense management and control, including cooler dump, labor and overhead costs utilizing Continuous Improvement techniques and a Management Operating Structure (MOS).
* Monitors, on a daily basis, the inventory and codes of all products in the cooler to ensure proper rotation and traceability of all items.
* Ensures all transactions are recorded timely and accurately, to reflect a correct inventory position at any time. These include shipments, donations, product loss and damage.
* Monitors and manages all aspects of employee performance.
* Ensures full compliance with all quality assurance standards, especially good housekeeping and overall cleanliness of products and work areas.
* Monitors and strives to achieve the successful attainment of the Sales to Service Metrics targeted.
* Contains and/or reduces cost and drives productivity within the department.
* Cooperates in a cross-functional manner as a change agent with all departments within the Company.
* Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating.
* Provides management of employees directly or through supervisors to ensure effective selection, retention, development, disciplinary action and performance management. If a collective bargaining agreement exists, may participate in negotiations, grievances or other contract related activities and discussions.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Dean Foods considers marijuana (including medical marijuana) to be an illegal drug. Dean Foods will rescind offers of employment to applicants who test positive for marijuana (unless restricted from doing so by state or local law). Dean Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
California applicants, click here for information regarding the data collection notice for California Consumer Privacy Act.