Dean Foods has an excellent opportunity for a Human Resources Leader to join our team! The ideal candidate will have a strong HR acumen, along with experience partnering with leadership teams & employees alike.
This role will be based at our Hayward, CA manufacturing facility and we offer a competitive salary, along with many other benefits including health, dental, vision programs, matching 401(k) programs, Paid Time Off and much more!
The Human Resources Manager will support the team by utilizing HR expertise through communication with employees and managers at all levels.
He/she will be expected to drive and implement HR initiatives to increase organizational effectiveness, build capability and talent of workforce and team, and lead strategy and tactics to positively impact overall business performance and HR metrics. The Human Resources Manager will report directly the Group HR Director.
Talent Manager & Organization Designer
• Responsible for execution of career development efforts, people planning, talent acquisition, performance management, and organizational design at the market and plant level. This role also, facilitates linkage between pay and performance.
• Consults with management team to analyze and assess people needs of the organization and develops and implements strategies to meet those needs.
• Participates and drives on-boarding and leadership development.
• Identifies key training needs and develops plans and timelines for design and delivery.
• Leads and develops any HRBP direct reports as well as leads and participates in HR meetings.
• Involved in the leadership, development, and direction of the local management teams.
• Coordinates and assists the local management staff to achieve their goals and objectives.
• Drives business performance by utilizing knowledge of the business and the interrelationships to influence strategy and decision-making.
• Contributes to business performance by utilizing knowledge of financial concepts and being able to identify the key factors affecting the business units financial performance.
• Strategically drives and recommends business process consistencies.
• Ensures positive employee relations by proactive employee communication, prompt issue resolution and fair & equitable treatment. This includes support of local and national programs to promote employee good will and positive morale.
• Day-to-day oversight of labor relations within the geographical area of responsibility in coordination with the Labor Relations Center of Excellence.
• Participates in labor negotiations.
Culture & Change Steward
• Executes local and national initiatives using Dean Foods change management methodology.
• Leads, facilitates, and drives the change management process within the group.
• Identifies opportunities and recommends changes to increase performance, reduce cost, and positively impact metrics through analytical approaches, including the tracking of key data and analyzing trends.
• Utilizes knowledge of business trends to create and implement clear, relevant, and actionable plans. Tracks and develops plans to remove obstacles to success.
• Ensures alignment of goals and activities across functions.
• Anticipates and overcomes barriers to delivering quality HR services.
• Leverages and educates others on available technology, shared services, HR services and procedures to meet customer needs.
• Primary support to multiple plant facilities and/or markets.
• Drives the people agenda to support operations, logistics, & commercial teams.
• Bachelor's Degree required; major in Human Resources Management, Industrial/Labor Relations, Psychology, or other related field preferred.
• Post graduate degree, preferred.
• PHR/SPHR Certification, preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years' experience in Human Resources.
• Ability to support and/or lead national and local projects.
• Demonstrates expertise in Labor/Employee Relations, Recruitment and Selection, Benefits and Compensation, as well as policy and procedure interpretation.
• Requires effective oral and written communications skills, excellent interpersonal skills and computer literacy.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with others across levels and functions while working on multiple tasks in a matrixed organization.
• Ability to make decisions based on all relevant information and builds recommendations and solves problems, based on this data; may use spreadsheets, performance indicators, or other tools to analyze the data.
• Ability to work collaboratively with all departments, management levels within the company, and external stakeholders.
Dean Foods considers marijuana (including medical marijuana) to be an illegal drug. Dean Foods will rescind offers of employment to applicants who test positive for marijuana (unless restricted from doing so by state or local law). Dean Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
California applicants, click here for information regarding the data collection notice for California Consumer Privacy Act.