The Finance Administration Manager I (FAM) provides administrative oversight and supervision for the plant(s) and related branch operations. In addition, the FAM ensures compliance with appropriate accounting and SOX controls throughout the facility and act as local point person for audit and is responsible for implementation of corporate or group-wide initiatives, as applicable.
As applicable for the specific plant environment, the position will be responsible for the direct supervision, oversight and backup support for the following functions:
* Accounts Payable / Purchasing * Payroll / Attendance Tracking
* Route Settlement
* Order-to-Cash, including Credit, Billing, Cash Application, and Collections
* Pricing / Rebate Administration
* Records Retention
* Provide process improvement and compliance monitoring support in the following areas.
These functions report directly to Operations Management:
* Raw Milk Accounting & Tracking
* Production and Inventory Management (incl. shrink & other variance reporting & analysis)
* Collaborates with the Accounting, Reporting and Control (ARC) team, as well as Dean Financial Services (DFS) and will serve as primary liaison between the Accounting Center and the plant for accounting control and compliance concerns, as well as to help support the period close process.
* Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and controlling
* May provide direction to various support staff including a Field Administrative Supervisor. The size of the respective support staff will vary by size and complexity of the plant operations.
* May have supervisory responsibility involving staffing, conducting performance appraisals, training and developing subordinates, promotions, salary increases, terminations, disciplinary actions, etc.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance and a minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
* Internal Candidates: A minimum of 4 years of experience in Accounting, Audit or related field Finance functions with 2 years of supervisory experience
* Strong working knowledge of plant operating and support systems
* Strong leadership and communication skills, capable of motivating and training support staff and interacting well with plant management and ARC management team
* Strong working knowledge of plant operating and support systems.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
* Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs.
* Must be a strong team player who is able to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
* Ability to work collaboratively with all departments, management levels within the company, and external stakeholders.
* Ability to select, guide, develop, and retain a team of employees.
* Must be able to pass all pre•employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods considers marijuana (including medical marijuana) to be an illegal drug. Dean Foods will rescind offers of employment to applicants who test positive for marijuana (unless restricted from doing so by state or local law). Dean Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
California applicants, click here for information regarding the data collection notice for California Consumer Privacy Act.