Provides Group leadership for accounting, finance, planning and administrative functions, including supervision and control of administrative activities in accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, property/assets (Order Entry, Customer Service). Responsibility for financial statement analysis and report preparation on a regular and special request basis; assisting departments with periodic budget preparation, budget reviews and statistical analysis requests; developing/enforcing internal controls; and developing/implementing waste control processes in various areas of the operations, evaluating business performance and providing improvement recommendations to Leadership Team.
- Assures accurate reporting of business performance by reviewing, enhancing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition through routine controls and supporting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Maximizes return, and limits risk, on cash through strict collections processes, oversight on receivables and assisting established bank sweep processes.
- Manages the analysis of periodic financial reports with corporate Finance support and tools, reviews journal entries to assure accuracy of the organization's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles/standards.
- Identify and development necessary tracking and procedures to reduce waste throughout the organization.
- Analyzes financial/statistical statements and other related reports to identify weakness in organization’s financial structure, takes remedial action where necessary and/or makes appropriate recommendations to leadership team in order to maintain a sound financial structure.
- Prepares budgets to meet corporate and business needs by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Directs and recommends optimization of administrative and office systems and procedures. Works with Corporate IT to assure systems are optimal and meet the organization needs. Works within overall company strategy and Capital planning process.
- Directs the credit activities of the organization, including the maintenance of credit records, extending of credit, the collection of outstanding accounts, and policy direction.
- Assists business leaders to achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees. Works with Corporate Finance and HR to align on skills and capability for new hires.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Consult with the General Manager as required on general policy matters; keep the General Manager informed of the over-all performance and results of the organization’s financial activities and matters of interest and importance.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Four-year college degree, with major or minor in Finance or Accounting
- 6+ years related work experience, including 2+ years in a supervisory role.
- Strong cost accounting skills and milk cost buildups to support decision making processes.
- Ability to plan, organize, and supervise the work of others.
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrated with internal clients, external clients, and direct reports.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills; fact finder, skilled in the art of analysis and synthesis.
- Demonstrated influencing skills with a proven ability to work through others.
- Demonstrated high level of integrity and fairness with also a high degree of common sense.
Highly Analytical Leader/Critical Thinker
Leading Talent Communicating Effectively
Leading Change Strategic Thinking
Problem Solving Results Orientation
Fostering Teamwork Organization-Wide Perspective