The Compensation Director manages the strategic planning, study, design, communication, and implementation of employee compensation programs, ensuring a competitive position in the marketplace. This individual will serve as lead of the Compensation function enterprise wide and provide day to day direction for the team. The successful candidate will have effective communication skills, be detail-oriented, flexible, highly organized, collaborative, and professionally persistent. This position reports to the SVP of Human Resources.
- Manages all aspects of the development and administration of Company compensation programs, policies and procedure, and develops recommendations for improvement.
- Manages the job evaluation program including the job evaluation process, developing and maintaining formal job grades and salary ranges, job analysis, and the preparation of written Job Summary’s.
- Assesses overall compensation program effectiveness.
- Facilitates and tracks the annual merit and performance appraisal programs.
- Manages the conduct of or participation in a variety of salary surveys and the analysis of related data.
- Manages all aspects of Executive Compensation
- Interprets and ensures compliance with a variety of state and federal compensation-related laws.
- Consults with management on compensation-related issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and controlling.
- May also have supervisory responsibility involving staffing, conducting performance appraisals, training and developing subordinates, promotions, salary increases, terminations, disciplinary actions, etc.*
- Bachelor's degree required. Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred. CCP/CEP preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years' compensation experience, of which at least 2 years have been spent in a supervisory role.
- Ability to develop and present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and employees.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Knows and uses advanced compensation program concepts, practices and procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to credibly influence others with his/her point of view.
- Ability to understand and add value to Dean's business.
- Ability to deliver and execute high-quality and consistent Human Resources processes and services.
- Ability to align programs and services with Company's overall vision.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others across levels and functions while working on multiple tasks in a matrixed organization.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all departments, management levels within the company, and external stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs.
- Must be a strong team player who is able to work across multiple functions and disciplines.