We are looking for highly skilled and self-motivated IT Business Analyst.
The IT Business Analyst’s primary function will be to support the company’s manufacturing systems, and shop-floor applications. As a secondary role, the IT Business Analyst will serve as Level 2 support for the SQL Server Administration team which supports the company’s SQL Servers and Databases.
The IT Business Analyst must have experience with SQL Server and Manufacturing applications support, which includes Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), integration with Process Control (PLCs), and integration with other shop floor control systems (HMI/SCADA).
Candidate must possess good written and verbal communication skills, be able to interact with other teams and coordinate complex efforts. Must a team player, have a “get-it-done” personality, self-managed and able to juggle multiple tasks to meet deadlines and provide qualitative deliverables with minimal supervision.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Perform SQL Server database administration functions, including maintenance of multiple environments (development, testing, and production), patching, troubleshooting, object maintenance (e.g. partition, table, index, users/roles) creation/maintenance, space management, SSIS & SSRS deployments, and security management.
- Work with other operations teams on any infrastructure issues such as server performance, network issues, etc.
- Troubleshoot various problems that arise in day-to-day work. Independently analyze, solve and correct issues in real time and providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Proactive monitoring and performance tuning from physical server level, database level and query tuning.
- Maintain best practices and operational procedures.
- Ability to understand shop floor and front office business processes
- Knowledge of network technology with connectivity and security
- Discuss needs with customers in a non-technical language
- Professional who is self-motivated and driven to accomplish company goals and who is comfortable multi-tasking in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to establish strong working relationships with both technical and non-technical members of staff along with customers
- Strong communication and administrative skills are a must.
- Familiar with Network protocols, VLAN’s, etc.
- Familiarity with HMI / SCADA software such as Rockwell Platform, Ignition, InteractX, iFIX, etc
- Understanding of database structures in SQL and Access databases and design concepts
- BA/BS in Engineering or Computer Science related discipline (Preferred)
- 3 years’ experience in MS SQL database administration and support including multiple versions of SQL Server (2008 and later)
- Experience in administration and maintenance of standalone and clustered SQL Server instances, including SQL Server, Reporting Service (SSRS), Integration Services (SSIS) and Analysis Services (SSAS), in development, testing, staging and production environments.
- Experience with Azure or other applicable cloud/managed database solutions
- Minimum of 4 years IT Business Analyst experience
- Previous experience working in and supporting a manufacturing environment
- Experience implementing software used in 24x7 shop floor environments
- Experience with Plant Information Management Systems
- Manufacturing system analysis, design and specification
- Experience with multiple version of Windows Server (2008 and later) including knowledge of Windows Server management.
- General knowledge of networking concepts such as subnetting, IPV4 routing protocols and overall network connectivity.
- Open and willing to learn new products/technologies.
- Ability to work in rapidly changing and fast paced environment.
- Position is based in Dallas, TX