The Senior Financial Analyst, Commercial Finance, under general direction, supports the planning and forecasting process for the Strategic East customers.
• Analyzes key business performance metrics (revenue, net price, customer margins, & trade spend) and identifies performance improvement opportunities
• Collaborates with key partners in the business (Sales VP, Account Mgrs.) to improve business results by recognizing key change levers
• Oversees and supports the business unit price management process and pro-actively identifies net price management and volume mix opportunities. This would include financial support to ensure customer pricing proposals balance the market and financial needs of the business
• Analyzes, researches, and implements FP&A Best Practices as appropriate in the business unit
• Actively works with Sales Managers who have business opportunities to improve net price, volume mix management, and volume optimization
• Support bid management process (request for proposal) on new business opportunities
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Travel: 0 – 10%
The Financial Analyst II, under general supervision, supports the planning and forecasting process for a platform or group.
• Analyze and support key business performance metrics
• Collaborates with key partners in the business to improve business results where opportunities have been identified.
• Oversees and supports the business unit management process and pro-actively identify opportunities for growth and productivity improvements.
• Researches, analyzes, and implements FP&A Best Practices as appropriate in the business unit.
• Support/lead aspects of the quarterly / annual budget, forecast, and variance analysis process.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Undergraduate or graduate degree, in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
• An advanced degree in business is preferred.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a financial role requiring extensive analysis. Preference given to experience in fast-paced consumer products, manufacturing, food service, or consultancy environment.
• Strong analytical, financial modeling and critical reasoning skills, and attention to detail
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills
• Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs.
• Must be a strong team player who is able to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
• Ability to work collaboratively with all departments, management levels within the company, and external stakeholders.
Dean Foods considers marijuana (including medical marijuana) to be an illegal drug. Dean Foods will rescind offers of employment to applicants who test positive for marijuana (unless restricted from doing so by state or local law). Dean Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.