The Operations Manager provides leadership and direction to manufacturing operations to include direct responsibility of production and cooler (shipping/warehouse). He/she works closely with the Plant Manger to direct and manage the day to day operation of the facility and may serve as liaison between the Plant and other departments including Sales, Distribution, Corporate, and State and Federal Regulatory Personnel. These processes must be executed safely and in a fashion that optimizes manufacturing costs while meeting company product quality standards.
* Provides leadership and direction to the plant in all areas of responsibility including and not limited to planning, production, processing, packaging and cooler.
* Supports plant leadership in overseeing the overall activities of the manufacturing facilities of the plant to ensure customer orders are received, scheduled, produced and shipped safely at the lowest landed cost and standards to meet the customers' requirements and service level agreements while maintaining corporate established quality standards.
* Analyzes plant operations and key metrics to maintain operational efficiencies within each department.
* Is responsible for expense management and control, including shrink, labor and overhead costs utilizing Continuous Improvement techniques and a Management Operating Structure (MOS).
* Collects and reports reliable information so as to measure the performance of the plant and of the various plant departments as required.
* Is responsible for ensuring customer needs are satisfied through scheduling processes which ensure that products are manufactured, loaded, and shipped to our various branded and core customers at the ordered quantities and on the required day.
* Ensures that appropriate SOPs are developed, executed and maintained for all aspects of our business
* Is responsible for meeting all regulatory requirement and rules.
* Assists Technical Support staff on resolution of customer complaints and issues of product quality.
* Provides management of employees directly or through supervisors to ensure effective selection, retention, development, disciplinary action and performance management. If a collective bargaining agreement exists, may participate in negotiations, grievances or other contract related activities and discussions.
* Cooperates in a cross functional manner as a change agent with all departments within the Company.
* Leads by example with the Dean Foods Code of Ethics. This includes ensuring compliance with all Dean Foods company policies, standards, specifications, and national suppliers.
* Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and delegating.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High school graduate or equivalent required.
* Bachelor's degree in Business or related field, preferred.
* A minimum of 7 years' experience in a process-manufacturing environment managing a team/department, with a minimum of 2 years' supervisory experience.
* Thorough understanding of regulatory laws and responsibilities as they pertain to Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Experience using Continuous Improvement methodologies.
* Proficient understanding of budgeting and cost control.
* Proven track record of improved results in the areas of quality, safety, service and cost.
* Union (For Union Facilities), Safety, and Workers Compensation knowledge preferred.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer based applications.
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Skill in organization, prioritization, and attention to detail.
* Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
* Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
* Ability to select, coach, develop, engage, and retain a team of employees.
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).