The Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) will support the Senior Finance Manager in the RFP Center of Excellence, VP Customer Brands as well as Customer Brand Directors in initializing, aggregating and consolidating P&Ls for RFP’s, analyzing customer and SKU profitability and in driving efforts to optimize and streamline Request for Proposal (RFP) processes. The role supports a complex excel-based financial model that incorporates a wide range of cost and financial inputs. The SFA will coordinate financial analysis and key inputs across all functional areas including Sales, Finance, Logistics, and Operations. The role will compile data, perform detailed analyses and produce pre/post pro forma P&L’s capturing the profitability of each RFP and its respective impact on the Dean Foods business. The role will be the national “go-to” point of contact for all Group, Strategic, and National Account RFP’s to ensure the RFP tool and processes are operating efficiently and without difficulty and troubleshoot issues as necessary. Additional scope will include post-event reconciliations to validate the profitability of business gained or lost through the RFP process. This position will be tasked with the creation of streamlined tools and processes and may require some travel.
The Financial Analyst II, under general supervision, supports the planning and forecasting process for a platform or group.
• Analyze and support key business performance metrics
• Collaborates with key partners in the business to improve business results where opportunities have been identified.
• Oversees and supports the business unit management process and pro-actively identify opportunities for growth and productivity improvements.
• Researches, analyzes, and implements FP&A Best Practices as appropriate in the business unit.
• Support/lead aspects of the quarterly / annual budget, forecast, and variance analysis process.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Undergraduate or graduate degree, in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
• An advanced degree in business is preferred.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a financial role requiring extensive analysis. Preference given to experience in fast-paced consumer products, manufacturing, food service, or consultancy environment.
• Strong analytical, financial modeling and critical reasoning skills, and attention to detail
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills
• Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs.
• Must be a strong team player who is able to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
• Ability to work collaboratively with all departments, management levels within the company, and external stakeholders.
Dean Foods considers marijuana (including medical marijuana) to be an illegal drug. Dean Foods will rescind offers of employment to applicants who test positive for marijuana (unless restricted from doing so by state or local law). Dean Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.