The Senior Director, Infrastructure Operations Delivery is accountable for the overall Infrastructure environment through leadership of four primary towers:
- End User Services – Executive white glove support, day to day deskside support and the refresh of PC endpoints, management of Microsoft O365 accounts, service desk contacts / requests, mobile devices and the collaboration and knowledge management platform
- Enterprise Systems Services – Oversight of Dean Foods datacenters, network connected remote locations, Windows servers, storage, VoIP endpoints, wireless access points, network switches and our iSeries
- Operational Technology and Database Operations Delivery – Management and support of over SQL-Server databases including the Enterprise Data Warehouse environment, the Operational Technology (OT) environment across our production facilities and distribution centers
- Asset Management – tracking and financial management of all above assets, as well as hand held / rugged mobility and all software within the Dean Foods environment
The overall environment generates critical audit controls to be monitored and managed and has daily operational checkpoints to ensure the successful delivery of services, including Internal Controls for Financial Reporting (ICFR). This position will lead the development of the operational strategy and roadmap for accountable technologies, working with the Business Relationship Management function to ensure capabilities are keeping pace with business needs, as well as maintaining technical currency to ensure supportability of critical systems. Additionally, defines standards and measures for quality and delivery of service requirements, reporting and tracking delivery of services and driving continuous improvement across metrics.
Strategy, monitoring and deployment of Disaster Recovery for both enterprise data centers, as well as key remote side hardware Disaster Recovery. Design and deploy data replication across sites, as well secure, multi-site data backup replication. Through routine tests and tabletop exercises, validate the viability reliability of successful execution of a Disaster Recovery event.
Key accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Management responsibility for staffing, conducting performance appraisals, training and developing direct reports, engaging team members, promotions, salary increases, terminations, disciplinary actions, etc.; managing the work delivered by internal staff and outsourced and managed services based delivery resources
- Management and oversight of annual operating expense to deliver IT operations
- Implement continuous improvement measures and initiatives, delivering annual productivity target of 5% to 10% of budget managed
- Manage the development of policies, procedures and controls related to the administration of support across organization.
- Plan and document succession planning within scope of responsibility.
- Contributes to and implements the long support roadmap/strategy for sourcing scope, making tactical changes for tighter day to day integration with the supplier based on best operational practices.
- Organize and manage support teams effectively and efficiently.
- Represent IT Infrastructure area in cross-functional interactions across IT and all of Dean Foods.
- Ensure effective administration of, and compliance with, all internal processes, procedures and controls.
- Communicate effectively up and down the organizational hierarchy.
- Implement continuous improvement measures and initiatives.
- Create measures and hold providers accountable for the quality and timeliness of delivery of products and services.
- Develop deep, strategic relationships with supplier partners that can be leveraged when needed.
- Actively participates and may take lead at their managers direction in supplier negotiations, resulting in a positive financial impact to Dean Foods.
- Partner with IT Finance Management to ensure required funding for new resources and services.
- Conducts due diligence in the planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and controlling responsibilities for day to day activities performed with strategic sourcing provider.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's or technical degree required
- 10 years of work experience with a minimum of 5 years managing various IT functions and multiple IT departments.
- Experience in cloud (Azure preferred), Software as a Service (SaaS) integration, connectivity and operations, Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) integration
- Expertise in leading, influencing, and developing successful teams.
- Demonstrated track record of working in outsourced, off-shore environment.
- Ability to build a high-performing work teams to manage support across the organization.
- Ability to implement processes, policies, procedures and controls to improve operations and security in a cost-effective manner.
- Deep experience in managing IT resources to include: people, planning, budgeting, objectives, availability, and projects to meet target objectives across various functions of IT.
- Strong communication, decision-making skills, and high attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems as well as drive development and documentation of efficient processes.
- Expertise in computer operations, incident and problem management processes
- Demonstrated understanding of ITIL processes, certification preferred.
- Broad knowledge of Operating Systems, Networks, and business applications and systems.
- Consumer products / food and beverage industry experience preferred.
- Location is Dallas, TX.