SECOND SHIFT 2PM-10:30PM
The Warehouse/Shipping Supervisor directly supervises and coordinates all activities in the warehouse / shipping department to maximize productivity on assigned shifts and areas. This includes planning, assigning and directing work, addressing product and employee complaints, and resolving problems. This person carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies, OSHA regulations and applicable laws while following all CI Processes and the Management Operating Structure (MOS).
* Supervises all phases of shipping and/or warehouse operations including shipping schedules, loading operations and material handling activities.
* Maintains inventory and product loss control, coordinates timely and accurate shipping and receiving, and ensures safety/operational guidelines are met.
* Ensures proper procedures are in place and being followed for, production efficiency, quality of product, employee safety, state and federal guidelines.
* Works with Plant Management and other Supervisory Staff to assign, direct, review and monitor work of supervised staff to maximize productivity warehouse and shipping department.
* Ensures proper procedures are in place and being followed for efficient warehouse and shipping activities, employee safety, state and federal guidelines.
* Establishes and monitors employee’s work schedules to meet needs of business.
* Recommends improvements to reduce cost and drive productivity within the department while achieving the targeted Sales to Service Goals.
* Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
* Maintains time and shipping records as required. Prepares reports for management review.
* Ensures the cooler work area is clean and organized at all times.
* Collaborates with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
* Provides for the supervision of assigned employees in scheduling and daily activities, ensuring effective selection, retention, feedback, disciplinary action and performance management. If a collective bargaining agreement exists, may participate grievances or other contract related activities and discussions.
* Trains and instructs employees in regard to work performed in shipping and warehouse. Oversees instruction, implementation and enforcement of policies as they relate to employees.
* Leads by example with the Dean Foods Code of Ethics. This includes following company policies, standards and specifications.
* Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and delegating.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school graduate or equivalent required.
• Bachelor's degree preferred in business, or related field.
• A minimum of 4 years' experience.
• Strong Interpersonal Skills.
• Strong Excel and Other Microsoft Office Products.
• Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods considers marijuana (including medical marijuana) to be an illegal drug. Dean Foods will rescind offers of employment to applicants who test positive for marijuana (unless restricted from doing so by state or local law). Dean Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.