The Dean Foods Asset Management team is looking for a Software Asset Analyst that can assist with the day-to-day operations, support, and maintenance of a multisite enterprise network.
The Software Asset Analyst is responsible for maintaining effective IT asset management throughout Dean Foods to ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines. The analyst will oversee responsibility for the daily activities associated with asset management, tracking and assignment. The analyst is responsible for quality control processes throughout the asset lifecycle.
- Manage the IT Asset Management process, with primary area of focus being Software Assets
- Formulate and implement processes and procedures for tracking and analyzing technical and financial data of company software and hardware from requisition through retirement
- Develop, establish, implement, and enforce supplier and outsourcer guidelines, obligations, and service level agreements to the organization
- Establish (or refresh) policies and procedures for tracking of unused software entitlements
- Assist Strategic Sourcing & Procurement department in developing and managing sourcing strategies for the organization
- Conduct and report software asset reconciliation and audit activities on a timely basis, including financial, licensing, warranty, and maintenance/support contract information
- Compare warranties, maintenance agreements, and vendor contracts to assist with asset upkeep, upgrades, repair, and replacement
- Monitor and analyze trends in company spending and inventory control in order to make recommendations for the future, and to identify areas for possible savings and/or asset optimization
- Research industry best practices and compare against the organization’s practices in order to establish benchmarks for managing IT assets
- Develop documentation - procedures/processes – necessary to support asset management
- Generate, distribute, and review relevant management reports
- Communicate and or assist Requesters with the Asset process and procedure
- Communicate inventory schedules and results
- Ensure that changes to the Asset methods and processes are properly approved and communicated to staff before being implemented
- Investigate and resolve exceptions and accuracy issues of the asset repository
- Track and maintain an accurate inventory of assets throughout their life cycle
- Audit, validate, and reconcile software licenses against the installed asset base
- 4 years’ experience working in an asset management role
- 4 years’ experience with IT asset management/tracking/inventory systems required; ServiceNow preferred
- Demonstrated ability develop and implement asset management processes and procedures
- Strong documentation and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to effectively communicate with both technical and business leaders.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, meet challenging deadlines and maintain high quality standards.
- Demonstrated success managing many competing requests, projects and priorities.
- Subject expertise with software contracts, license types and complex software entitlements
- Knowledge of cloud and virtualization licensing models
- Strong knowledge of software publisher’s licensing models, software deployment and use rights
- Experience interpreting software licensing terms and conditions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer and Information Science or equivalent work experience required